Dear DōMA Home Furnishings VIPs,
UPDATE March 2021- The frigid temperatures recently experienced in Texas have had a serious impact on foam supplies throughout all of North America. Most of the chemicals involved in producing foam come from Texas and the freezing temperatures caused pipes to burst and the production of these chemicals is strongly reduced until the lines are repaired.
Many manufacturers have a good inventory of foam, but this shortage may affect our ability for manufacturers to ship on time without any back orders . This situation where you might experience back orders should last approximately 3-5 weeks.
We are disappointed to have to inform you of this situation for which we are sure you understand is completely out of our control. The DōMA team will keep you apprised of any additional delays that may effect orders you may have been waiting on. More about foam…
UPDATE January 2021- Thank you for a great 2020. We experienced a great year even with being closed for a few months due to COVID-19. A large part is because of you, our customers, supporting our small local company. We are back and running at full capacity and look forward to serving the Tampa Bay community again.
As we go into 2021, we are facing some challenges:
There are several delays we are all experiencing with our manufacturers. This will continue to be an ongoing challenge.
The furniture industry as a whole has been having difficulties whether it be production time or sourcing raw materials needed to make the furniture. Many manufacturers across the world are still only operating at half capacity to follow CDC and local guidelines causing excessive delays of 2 – 4 weeks longer than normal.
We continue to do our part in stocking some of our more popular pieces.
We promise to provide you with the same level of support when you shop with us today. We will work with you to make sure the timing is right, accurate, and update you as soon as we become aware of any unforeseeable delays so you can plan accordingly.
At DōMA Home Furnishings we understand concerns about Coronavirus (COVID-19) are top of mind for many of our clients and local community. We wanted to take a moment to address these concerns and assure you that the health and safety of our staff, clients, partners, and local community is our top priority at DōMA.
DōMA Home Furnishings is continuing to monitor the COVID-19 situation and closely adhering to the recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as, local and state public authorities.
We have taken the following actions and additional precautions in response to growing concerns around COVID-19.
The DōMA team remains ready to assist you as needed. As a family owned and operated business, we know this will be a struggle for all and truly appreciate your support during this time.UPDATE – EFFECTIVE MAY 4th, 2020 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
What we are doing:
- Continuing to clean and sanitize all surfaces, doors, counters, tabletops etc. throughout our showrooms.
- Continuing to respect social distancing and keeping 6’ distance between our shoppers and our staff.
- Continuing to provide hand sanitizing stations in our showrooms.
- Ensuring sufficient stock levels of soap, sanitizer, and cleaning supplies are available at all of our showrooms and for our delivery teams.
- Ensuring our delivery team is taking every necessary cleaning, health, and safety precaution and delivering product as it arrives.
- UPDATE – We are continuing in-home deliveries following CDC guidelines; however, if you prefer, we are also offering store pick-up, as well as, either garage or front door drop-off.
- UPDATE – St Pete & Clearwater showrooms will re-open on Monday May 4th (with CDC protocols in place) for regular store hours. Tampa showroom will re-open on Friday, May 8th (with CDC protocols in place) for regular store hours.
- UPDATE – All showrooms will follow CDC protocols and we ask anyone entering the showrooms to respect others and protect themselves by wearing face masks and gloves.
- We will provide gloves and face masks for those that may not have them.
- If you feel that this personal protection is not necessary, that’s okay, we just ask that you wait to visit DōMA Home Furnishings when the CDC considers it safe to do so without PPE.
- You can always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 727.327.9400.
- Continuing to offer exceptional interior design services from the comfort of your own home.
- Simply complete the Design Survey and one of our designers will contact you to get started on ideas for your project, provide recommendations, product info, and even design mock up plans.
- Minimize your need to come into the store and streamline your design process virtually.
- Like Us on Facebook!
- Starting soon, I will personally host Facebook Live presentations that will include the opportunity to purchase featured items at a great discount, as well as, get some design advice. Check out Facebook for the upcoming days and times.
What you can do to protect yourself and your family:
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Encourage healthy habits, like eating a healthy diet, exercising, and getting enough sleep. This will help keep your immune system strong.
At DōMA Home Furnishings:
There are no suspected cases of Coronavirus among our staff members, and no reports of suspected cases from any of our clients, manufacturers, or shipping and delivery partners.
UPDATE – We are requesting that ALL employees should target getting tested within the next 30 days if/when testing becomes regularly available. If anyone gets sick prior or tests positive, a required self quarantine and leave from work may be required.
As always, we encourage you to look to official sources for information and updates.
We anticipate these changes will affect other areas of our business, from our manufacturer partners to shipping and delivery. For our clients that currently have pending orders with us, we ask for your patience as we work through these challenges on your behalf. Please know that our main priority is to resolve all challenges in an expeditious manner and ensure your top satisfaction.
While we plan for this to be our operating plan for the next four weeks, we will continue to re-evaluate and make changes as needed to ensure the health and safety of our employees, clients, and our local communities.
We want to thank you all so much for your continued support of the local small business ecosystems that depend on all of us as customers, clients, and friends. We will update you if our operations plan changes.
Stay well and healthy!
CEO/Founder DōMA Home Furnishings